Due to its place on the Victorian Heritage Register, the restoration of this former Presbyterian Manse built in 1856 was critical to the project. The new work was considered to play a secondary role on site and the new built form sits well behind the line of the double-storey bluestone building to maintain its original street presence.
To ensure its heritage value lives on for many years to come, the original building was restored to its former glory, with additional areas towards the back over three levels. The traditional rooms are repurposed into formal and guest areas, while the new additions, connected to the original building via slim double storey glazed walkways, include the main living areas, family bedrooms along with a large basement with a lounge area and parking.
The new built form sits well behind the line of the double-storey bluestone building